The Golf Links pub closed in 1935, and the Bricklayers Arms moved to its present location from the junction of High Street and Plomer Green Lane. Just visible, in the immediate foreground on the LHS, is the entrance to Chapel Street.
The plaque listing those men fallen in the Great War was added in the late 1920s. The barns of Downley Farm can be seen, in the distance, on the left of the photo.
The original location of the Bricklayers Arms was at the junction of High Street and Plomer Green Lane.
Spicer’s subsequently relocated to Littleworth Road near to the junction with Plomer Green Lane.
Thames Valley Traction Company acquired the route from the Chiltern Bus Company of Lane End in May 1936 and registered it as Route 35 – High Wycombe Station to Downley Village Hall or Downley Smithy.