Commonside

1906
St James’ Church, at the junction of Commonside and Narrow Lane. The original church was built in 1873 by Messrs Whitford & Co of the Regent’s Canal Docks, London, with a capacity of ~100 worshippers. In 1876 it was enlarged as shown above to 200 worshippers.


1917
35 Commonside before the porch was constructed.


c1920s
Jez Mines shop at ‘Woodview’.


1953
Queen Elizabeth II Coronation celebrations outside Gibbs grocery shop.


1960s
‘Woodview’, previously Jez Mines Grocer Tea Dealer shop, is the first house on the right.


c1980s
Looking across the Common towards ‘Woodview’ and from Sunnybank.


2016
The original location of St James’ Church at the junction of Commonside and Narrow Lane. Sections of the original wall remain.